Tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) my colleagues, Matt Bixby and Russell Raymer, and I will be heading to the city of Satillo in the state of Coahuila for a
three day Pastor's conference. Over the course of the three days I will speak for approximately 8 hours on the topic of pastoral ministry/pastoral theology. My lectures are entitled "Pastoral Perspectives from Paul." Here are the three main topics I will be giving:
- Pastoral Perspectives in Acts 20: "Take care of God's Flock" (an exposition of Paul's discourse to the Ephesian elders in Acts 20:18-38)
- Pastoral Perspectives in Ephesians: "Equip the Saints for the work of the Ministry" (an exposition of Ephesians 4:11-16)
- Pastoral Perspectives in Colossians: "Present every man perfect in Christ" (an overview of Paul's pastoral vision in Colossians 1-2)
Please pray for this conference. Please pray for me as I share the burden that God has placed on my heart. I'm very burdened to communicate Paul's vision of pastoral ministry to the men who attend and I feel that the message of the passages I will be teaching is crucial for the church in Mexico today. And please pray for Matt Bixby as he speaks on the topic of Expository Preaching. Like my topic, Matt's topic is vitally important and desperately needed here in Mexico. My prayer is that God will use these three days to inspire and motivate the pastors who attend to passionately pursue a biblical model of pastoral ministry and that as a result their pastoral effectiveness will be greatly increased and multiplied.
"And I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding." (Jer 3:15)Soli Deo Gloria!
1 comment:
We will be praying for you!
May the Lord be magnified!
We are thankful for your ministry!
With joy,
Debbie Herbster (and Pastor too!)
Post a Comment