The other day while we were driving to church, Jonathan and Christian were in the back of our van playing with their Rescue Hero action figures (which they usually play with as "army men"). As they were playing all of a sudden we heard Christian exclaim, "Help, John Piper's going to get me!" And then, "Ahhhhh, John Piper shot me!" Yes, they named one of their Rescue Heroes "John Piper."
A couple of weeks before, Jonathan read John Piper's name on a book I had in my office and asked me who he was. I told him. I guess he liked the name. I guess if I named my sons after famous preachers and authors, my sons can name their action figures after one.
We got a good laugh out of that one.
CLOSED
This blog is now closed. Please visit ajgibson.org instead
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
AJ, that's hilarious. Thanks for sharing it!
Ditto! Absolutely hilarious!
Post a Comment